Frequently Asked Questions
The Yoga Weight Loss System
1. What should I wear when doing the Yoga Weight Loss System?
You should wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing. Anything that allows you to move, bend and stretch easily will be perfect.
2. Should I eat before doing yoga?
You should try to eat 2-3 hours before you practice. If that's not possible, take a light juice/protein shake or fruit before.
3. What should I be feeling during the Yoga Weight Loss System?
You should try to analyze the difference between “good pain” and “bad pain”. You should never experience heat at the attachments of the muscles or a sense of instability in the joints, especially the low back and shoulders.
You should never feel twisting in the knee joint. You should be able to continue to breathe slowly and focus on your breath through every exercise.
4. How should I breathe when in my Yoga poses?
Breathe in and out through the nose the entire time.
5. Can I drink water while doing the Yoga Weight Loss System?
I think it is fine to drink as needed, but your belly might start to feel bloated, so I recommend hydrating before and after your sessions.
6. When is the best time to practice the Yoga Weight Loss System?
Every hour in the day has a different energetic sensation. Sunrise and sunset are said to be auspicious times of the days. I have found that morning practitioners tend to be more regular and consistent with their practice. However, find a time that works for you. The Yoga Weight Loss System is fun and relaxing so don't burden yourself with a "must" time to practice.
7. Can I practice the Yoga Weight Loss System routines outside?
Direct sunlight while practicing is said to be ill-advised. However, if you have a shaded space outside the Yoga Weight Loss System can be practiced outdoors and is a wonderful experience.
8. What type of yoga does the Yoga Weight Loss System incorporate?
This system draws mostly from the Iyengar lineage. Mr. Iyengar hails from India and is one of the foremost experts in the science of yoga. His “style” is clear, precise, and safe for every level of practitioner.
9. Should I close my eyes or keep them open when doing the Yoga Weight Loss System?
For the purposes of this system, work with open eyes until the final posture. In the last posture, you will be directed to close your eyes. Notice if your eyes desperately want to close during the “active” portion of the practice and can’t seem to stay closed when it is time to relax.
10. Should it be hot or cold in the room that I practice the Yoga Weight Loss System?
A comfortable temperature in the room is optimum. The philosophy is to turn up the internal heat, rather than the external heat. People come to rely on the outter temperature and they stop self-regulating. Find a comfortable room temperature to practice the Yoga Weight Loss System.
Invest in your health today. Click below to start your Yoga Weight Loss journey.